Welcome to Cedar Grove UMC 3430 Bouldercrest Rd Conley, GA 30288
At Cedar Grove United Methodist Church Church, we believe that everyone has a unique purpose and calling in life. We offer classes and resources to help you discover your purpose and take steps towards fulfilling it. Click below to learn more.
We believe that life is better when we do it together. That's why we offer a variety of small groups and events where you can connect with others and build meaningful relationships. Click below to learn more about our community.
We believe that spiritual growth is a lifelong journey. We offer classes, resources, and opportunities to help you grow in your faith and deepen your relationship with God. Click below to learn more about our spiritual growth opportunities.
We believe that serving others is an important part of living out our faith. We offer a variety of service opportunities both locally and globally, where you can make a difference in the lives of others. Click below to learn more about our service opportunities.
We believe that worship is a powerful way to connect with God and experience His presence. We offer dynamic worship services that incorporate music, prayer, and teaching. Click below to learn more about our worship services.
We would love to hear from you and help you get connected at Cedar Grove United Methodist Church Church. Click below to contact us and learn more about how you can get involved.
The entire program and organization of United Methodist Women focuses on mission. Our mission initiatives include:
· Providing opportunities to grow spiritually
· Equipping women & girls to be leaders
· Providing transformative educational experiences
· Organizing for growth & flexibility
· Working for justice through service & advocacy
Focus on Women, Children & Youth
From its beginning, United Methodist Women has focused on ministries with women, children, and youth.
Women have been empowered by leadership education opportunities, mission education, the Reading Program, tools for advocacy and more. These opportunities allow women to act and to empower women in the United States and abroad.
United Methodist Women also support programs and projects aimed at improving the special needs of women because of their refugee statuses, their immigration statuses, situations in which they are abused, their high illiteracy rate in some countries, their economic dependence, their educational disparities, and much more.
A special emphasis of United Methodist Women is children, because women care for children. If children are raised with safety, security, food, shelter, education, and basic human rights, these children will grow to be loving and secure adults. United Methodist Women believe deeply in responding to Jesus' mandate to "care for the least of these."
Children often do not have a voice in this world, so United Methodist Women cares for them and advocates on their behalf. United Methodist Women commits to children globally through community centers, educational opportunities for refugee children, homes for street children, advocacy against sexual exploitation and child labor, educational institutions and much more.
United Methodist Women work with youth organizations globally and with programs and projects that support and empower youth. United Methodist Women also enables youth to be in mission by support of the US-2 program, the mission intern program and the Global Justice Volunteers program
A special emphasis of the organization has been to involve young women in all the ministries and leadership of United Methodist Women. A teen and college/university women consultative group helps direct the program of United Methodist Women to be more inclusive of younger women
· Men lead others best by modeling Jesus Christ in thoughts, words and deeds.
· Spiritual maturity is signified in spiritual reproduction, as the faith of mature disciples passes on in others.
· Men growing in Christ become effective spiritual leaders in their homes and congregations, working as partners with their spouses and congregational leaders-both lay and clergy.
· Spiritually growing men help congregations to become vital and alive.
· Everything desired from and through men comes as a result of men growing spiritually and maturing as disciples: family blessings, stewardship, service, outreach, prayer, spiritual leadership, lifestyle evangelism, and faithful obedience. Men are foundational to the life and health of the church.
· When a man lives daily in surrendered faith, God is honored and many lives are blessed. Transformed hearts are forged only within Christ-centered lives-nothing less is our acceptable offering; nothing less truly reveals Christ.